Friday, April 10, 2009

Birds of a feather

So good to see cousin Danny joining in. I'll join the chant - Rey... ah, Rey... ah, Rey... ah!!! Actually, I'm more than willing to cut her some slack for feeling "blogged down". It seems there is no end to our cyber, (tinker), toys. Between email, facebook, my JaCo music site, this blog, and You Tube, I sometimes feel like that little white dot in Pong - the first electronic game I believe I ever played.



A few days ago I got an email saying that someone I know wanted to follow me on twitter. I thought this was curious, since I had managed to avoid going anywhere near twitter, (up until now). I went ahead and created an account at the urging of a piano player friend of mine. After three days, I'm still not sure of the purpose, or the usefulness, of any of it. Twitterers incessantly "tweet" in short blurbs limited to 140 characters. To carry the analogy further, it is something akin to a blind man stumbling into one of those huge aviaries filled with birds of every species that the zookeeper has managed to net. They are all chirping, (or tweeting), at once, in an effort to be heard, ...or perhaps calling out in search of other birds with similar coloring. I haven't done much tweeting; prefering, instead, to stretch my wings in the open sky alone - or in the company of my fellow loons :-).

I have to admit however, I was a bit intimidated to find out that Reya proofreads EVERYTHING. I'm pretty sure I have not posted anything to date that would pass muster, and not come back looking like a bad accident, running red with ink. I suspect that my computer has contracted an insideous virus, (I have named Dislexicor), that activates an "error injector" tied to my submit button. Fifteen minutes after posting, words become mysteriously misspelled. Some disappear altogether, only to be replaced by prepostitions at the end of sentences. Dangling participles abound. I swear it was not that way when I clicked submit. I imagine Reya slowly shaking her head... "Alas, poor Rick. We knew him well.".

I have to sign off so that I will have time to proofread this before Danny's radio show. I'm out to prove my virus theory.

Later Loons

2 comments:

  1. proofread, smoofread. Not only do you pass muster (that is a weird expression you know it, what the heck is passing muster anyway..Passing musTARD, that I get. Passing gas, oh yeah, I'm well skilled in that area) but you come close to greatness. (I say come close because we don't want you getting a big head or anything).

    You tickle me with each post. Thanks for the giggles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually have Marla proof read my posts before I click enter because proper grammer is so very important. Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I can not put.

    ReplyDelete