Thursday, April 9, 2009

Thank you

You know it is so simple and luxurious to feel gratitude. You feel instantly refreshed and clean, like stepping out of a cool river or like basking in the sublime euphoria of a rushing waterfall. The squeeky cleanness of the morning shower is just an abbreviation of the soul cleansing of grace.

Sometimes when I don't know what to say to someone or when I find myself kind of topsy turvy and out of synch, I'll remember to turn my attention within. Even if it is just for a few moments, it is so therapuetic to take stock of your breath and to observe the rhythm of the inhale and the exhale.

For me, and I suspect it works for everyone, whenever I do that, inevitably a smile will take charge of my facial muscles and I'll feel relief. Then, everytime, inexplicably this feeling of gratitude permeates the spaces of my being and for that instant, I am amazed at the complex beauty of existence.

Then boom. Gratitude. It seems to be presenting itself with the explanation "Hey, you are soooo lucky, dude."

No comments:

Post a Comment