Thursday, April 9, 2009

Just wanted to pop in and say hi to all and apologize for my non-participation. My life has not been my own for the last couple of weeks. I have been desparately cleaning my studio and guest room for a guest who is now not going to show up like I had thought. I'll make her pay for it though. I made her promise to bring big city ethnic bread products to us here in Hooterville when she does come to visit as penance for her transgressions.

Things have been breaking around the radio station because of all of the storms and it's my job to make all of them work again. Florida is the lightning capitol of the US and we got our fair share here in the last few weeks. We had 10+ inches of rain in 4 days during some extreme thunderstorms. We got 5 1/2" in one 24 hour period. Things got green, so it's not so bad. The weeds in our sand lot grew to 2 feet high. No big deal. Fix the dormant lawnmower, mow the weeds to the ground...yard looks green...we call it a lawn.

I have also taken on several new guitar students lately, so the house needs to be cleaned almost every day. We have a black dog and a white cat with dark carpet and white tile floors. An endless and thankless task to keep all in order...and...I...must...have......order!!! It's a brain thing. Rick, I'm trying to remember to take my medication too, but it's difficult to remember to take medication for your memory. I'll explain some other time. Wives with good memories are a good thing...most of the time?

I do read everything you guys post and am enjoying the insight about my old friends. Although I don't get too angry about political crap anymore. Dubby, just breath in deeply and out slowly and watch Rachel Maddow and laugh about all of the stupidity you see. It works for me.

If anybody cares and can join me, I will be live on: http://www.30aradio.org/ from 3-6pm tomorrow with 3 hours of some of my favorites from the '70s (1st hr.), '80s (2nd hr.), and '90s (3rd hr.). I'll be looking for your comments on facebook, and email if the station's fb screws up again like it did a few weeks ago. Tomorrow night, I'm judging a Guitar Hero contest at the Seaside amphitheater. I get to play Simon Cowell. I got booed the last time we did it. It was fun!

BTW, I don't know what it's like where you are right now, but we have our double french doors open, are listening to the Gulf waves, and smelling the salt air. I love it down here. The seafood is amazing all year round. You're all welcome any time.

Love and blessings to you all

2 comments:

  1. Hey Dan the Man! I am going to try to tune in today for at least part of the show! Thanks for joining us here. So great to have you my brother!

    I'll be there in June. What kind of bread products are you jonesin'? Like Ben Franklin, I'll tuck a few loaves under my arm when I come see you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unraised onion bialies, chocolate babka, or other ethnic oddities.

    ReplyDelete