Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Friends

I'm looking out the window in my home office. We've had so much rain that the grass in my neighbor's yard has gone to seed. I can actually feel the juice of that biomass as I spy on the green canvas. They aren't blades of grass but an orgy of Springtime. A field of wheat in miniature.

I let myself and my eyesight go to soft focus and there is honestly a connection to my own sexuality. I feel it in my loins! Isn't that bizarre?!! Don't ask me what that has to do with friendship. Its just that I looked out my window when the subject came to mind.

I love my friends. (Bet chu can't just eat one). I'll take more!

These last few weeks have been about rebirth. Maybe it is connected to the cycles of the universe and the season. But faces are popping out of the past like that game where little heads pop up out of holes, except these heads you don't want to bonk. You want to grab them and say, "Wait, don't leave yet! Where have you been? What have you been doing? How's the family? God, I know, where have the years gone?!!!!

Have you given much thought to your last few minutes? Your last breath? I have. And it seems to be pouring down on me, this feeling of....Man, get everything squared away, don't allow any lingering hard feelings, don't hold on to any disappointments, no regrets. NO REGRETS!

And friends! Wow, what a sacred blessing. Naturally we all have family (oh how I wish those of you who sadly don't would have!) and we love our family and cherish them and those blood connections are as sweet as milk and honey. But what a lonely hole would be left on that part of my extended self if it weren't for those few friends I have. Sing it James....Shower the People you Love with LOVE. Show them the way that you feel!

OK, so come here all you friends. Hugs. Big strong hugs. Now get outta here you big lugs, before I bonk ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment